« Home | San Francisco- My Birthday sort of » | IT'S A NEW EFFING YEAR » | SAN FRANCISCO- Cupcake turns Old 12/19/06 » | SAN FRANCISCO- Hold Yr Horses 12/12 or How To Drin... » | SAN FRANCISCO- New Young Pony Club/Poopscene 12/07/06 » | San Francisco- Rickshaw Stop 11/30/06 » | SAN FRANCISCO- Hold Yr Horses 11/28/06 » | San Francisco- LES GEORGES LENINGRAD 11/25/06 » | San Francisco- Miss Trannyshack Pageant 11/18/06 » | San Francisco-Shadowplay 11/17/06 »

1/31/07 Weird Science

I put on some balck jeans a balck t vintage black and white braces and a brown and cream polka dot scarf.
Scoot to Rchrd Oh?!’s for our Big Stereo meeting.
It’s just him and Cupcake. We want drinks, but we are broke, Cupcake runs to the corner to get two Sparks for us and a bottle of champagne for him.
Chanel is late or something. She just got back from SD today so she’s hustling from the airport. Sleaze won’t be here.
Rchrd Oh?! Got a hair cut.
Chanel comes in wearing leggings, her Gucci fannypack an AA top and some sort of Lucite necklace. She’s exercise core to the core.
I mix Sparks with champagne and Rchrd Oh?! Takes a sleeping pill, Cupcake disappears upstairs while we chat about future world domination and the genesis of a new club.
My heart beats so fast from the Sparks, and excitement.
I’m all
This Sparks is making me CRAZY.
Cupcake is back and we get set to go.

We walk down some shady blocks. Our destination is Market and 6th, notoriously the worst in the city. Not like you’ll get killed, but you’ll get annoyed and harassed, and you’ll get anal flakes up in your cupcakes on the way to the club.

I chat up the door girl about her astrology earrings, she’s all
“Girl Props”
I’m all
I got mine there too
She’s all
I love that website
I’m all
Oh, I got mine in NY
She smiles and doesn’t even check the list when I say my name but waves us in.
Is the list a joke or is she THAT stoked on Girl Props?

Inside it’s still sort of empty, and drinks are terribly pricey for small little plastic cups of watered down liquors.
I’ve got no money anyway, all of it spent on Sparks.

Chanel starts dancing right away, then she disappears.
The room is long with a stage on one side and a bar on the other, two couches near the door seat a strange grouping of dudebro hipsters and their lap birds.
One particularly beefy guy wears a thickly horizontally striped red and white shirt with shaggy undergrad at Hampshire college hair. I explect some birks on this guy, but he disappoints.
Chanel appears drink in hand, she squeezed it out of some guy.
No guy here will give me a drink for smiles, arm touches, and dazed sexy looks.

My shirt feels tight, I pull at the bottom hem.
Peole start coming in. No one I know, or have ever seen.
It’s a bigger world than I thought.
We dance a bit, while my eyes wander, weighing the quality of fashion against the weakness of hairstyilings, and annoying post electroclash posing.

A band plays.
Nasty shows up with Bell, and Vanderbuilt, and also Dino.
We dance to Richie Panic’s very short songs, everything lasts like 45 seconds. I keep losing my cool and sipping on Cupcakes drinks, a bit too much, he gives me a dirty look.

Chanel rubs her butt on my crotch.
I’m all blushes and awkward hands that flap in the air far from her waist.
I go wait for the bathroom with Bell.
He’s tall and thin and wearing black I think and maybe white, with cover-or-W-magazine-Bangs. He’s pretty, willowy.

Weird Science hits the decks.
Chanel is on stage with four other girls in a dim mak hoody and a glittery eye mask.
The crowd faces the stage and some dudebro hipsters wave their hands up and down like they are at a rap concert.
I jump around.
Sparrow shows up.
She’s with one of the earlier dj’s
She dances with me in a black t shirt and black tight skirt and black heels, with sort of rockabilly eye make up and black sweepy bangs, a studded belt.
Maybe the classiest B here.
We dance, she’s my favorite so far tonight, just fun and rocking out, without posing.
I stop scanning the room and start dancing, like forreal.
It’s so hot that I consider taking off my shirt and keeping the suspenders.
I take off the scarf, and drink from Sparrows tall can of warm PBR.

In introduce Sparrow to Bell, he takes her hand then turns around and walks away, like he’s too cool, we both laugh shrug and dance it off.
There’s some chick here wearing a longish long sleeve white Henley buttoned hippy shirt and a headband around her blond hair. She dances just like Pony.
I want to go up to her and say
You dance like my friend Pony, and you look like him, and you dress like him, do you know him?
But she’s on the stage and I’m on my way out.

It’s a cold night and I back track around the nasty part of town, get on my scooter and drive home.