« Home | andrew » | dr8mk » | the electric blanket is so warmhe comes home soon ... » | what you've learned » | you sleep in your roomate's bedat six am the sun c... » | i want to write about the break upyeahso whatthe ... » | tonight kinda suckedyou grought home htat guy who ... » | 1.I wake 20 minutes into a fitful and dreamy sleep... » | you sit, with your face leaned toward, and nearly ... » | he describes being touched"it's like when you are ... »

Faggots

8. My computer makes that sound
it makes when someone on a hook up website
has sent you a message.
She perks up "is it sexy?"
"no" i say
just so she won't come and look
at the picture of the man who's written to me.
"I'm going to join right now" she says
"Isn't that weird that I'm joining"
"No" i say, my computer chimes again
"is it sexy?" she says
"no" i say, it usually isnt.

7. "Drag queen" she says
"hooker" i say

6. She puts a pot of water on the stove to boil
for coffee, cupping my privates in her hand
as she passes.
I twist away, chopping my onions on the butcher block.
"make something we can put cheese on" she says
Ginger bread bakes in the oven, stinking up the kitchen
"I didn't drink last night, and I'm paying for it today"
I say.
"There's vodka" she says "in the fridge."
Onion sticks to the bottom of my bare feet.
I wipe at my eye with my hand
it burns instantly.


5.Getting ready for the gym
all my clothes are dirty
even the dirty ones.
I have no underwear
to wear under my leggings
which have replaced short shorts
as exercise gear
since they went missing two weeks ago
and it's gotten cold.
I slide on the blue jock strap
I usually use for work.

4. We are on the couch watching a cartoon movie
my legs stretched across his lap under a green
felt blanket. He rolls a cigarette.
"your legs are in my way"
I shift
"still"
I shift
"no" he moves his knees to his chest dumping me on the floor.

3.She comes in wearing black and blue lycra
tights. and a purple blouse thing. and cowboy boots.
I'm wearing two layers of tights
jeans two sweatshirts a tshirt
and a hat.
"it's cold" she says
smoking through the jagged hole in the window.

2. He's so chipper when I come home
the apartment's smoke filled, a crisp blue
gray smoke that burns eyes and throats,
he stands by the stove flipping a chicken breast
brightly whining
"I didn't know it was SOO smokey"

1. I realized today that I am a pile of money
and all I have to do is peel off one bill at a time.
Or maybe remove it quickly so as not to disturb
the other bills, so as not to create a breeze that would
lift them and spread them.
I'm thinking there may be coins at the bottom of the pile
of bills.