« Home | Castle Kilkea 10/26/06 » | Virgil St. 10/24/06 » | Mess-anine 10/22/06 » | Pony's Birthday 10/17/06 » | FInd the Party 10/14/06 » | Sweat Records + Pop Life at the District 10/14/06 » | Studio A and Pawn Shop MIAMI 10/12/06 » | It's Her Birthday 10/08/06 » | Tubesteak Connection+NY comes to visit 10/05/06 » | HoldYrHorses 10/10/06 »

San Francisco-Various Locations 10/31/06

I get home and pour out two Jameson rocks one for me and one for Pony, but he's a wuss and needs soda, I direct him to the corner store, and harrass Josie for use of her mirror, and eyeliner.

I pick out my outfit.
Tight black jeans
Striped tank
Sleeveless grey hoody
Long sleeve black hoody.

I paint on the skeleton facel/skull. I hate grease paint but Josie has some translucent powder to set it. It looks good. Really. I'm hoping
no one will recognize me, but that's unlikely.

Boyf gets home. Tired from work. He doesn't know if he's going out.
I fill Pony's half full soda the rest of the way with whiskey.
We hoof it to the BART. Talk drifts toward fashion design and dating. Pony is dressed as that tuxedo guy from sailor moon.
At the station some other passangers are dressed up. Most upsettingly is
the hospital escapee.

On the train there are two adult babies, wearing adult diapers. They are a couple.
There is one other skull face but his make up sucks. I don't even make eyesocket contact with him out of embarrassment.

Several of the ladies are fully working the HALLOWEEN-IS-A-SLUTTY-HOLIDAY look. None of the guys though.

We get off at Powell, sipping our soda all the way.
Rchrd Oh's is packed with folks. Alice is dressed as Alice from Wonderland with extensions and everything. Cupcake is fat dead Elvis, truly upsetting, Nasty is a weird Japanese cop, Vanderbuilt is a flapper, Rchrd Oh is a Panda in a suit. Brit isn't wearing a costume, nor Lucy.
Nasty's all
"Do you want a whip it?"
Duh
Then I tell the obligatory
I-USED-TO-LOVE-WHIPITS-TILL-THE-DENTIST-GAVE-ME-TOO-MUCH-NITROUS-AND-I-HAD-TO-GET-TALKED-DOWN-BY-MY-BEST-FRIEND-NO-SERIOUSLY story.
I can barely feel the effects of the gas through the whiskey buzz I'm pulling.
Cupcake and Rchrd Oh have been waiting on people all day, they're ready to get out.
We go to the Arrow Bar for a drink, Boyf calls, and meets us there.
He's dressed like a newscaster and even though he's just wearing a suit
you totally get it when he walks in with his microphone in hand.
No one is dancing so I grab Nasty and we hit the floor.
I step to the bathroom to make room for more whiskey.
We finish the bottle but I don't remember even starting it.
Everyone is bored so we head to Messanine, Van She is playing and Scream Club.

It's free and there's no line. I dump my shit in a corner
and buy a drink. Some girl here is dressed like Alice in Wonderland
but our Alice PUTS HER TO SHAME.
The music is ok. Then Van She plays.
I spent the whole day telling people that I didn't like them
when I listened to them on the internet so I wasn't going to go, probably.
But they are great, so I drink up and shake my bones.

The ladies show up with Phyllis, they are dressed like the three bears, or just bears because there are four of them. Phyllis has a tutu and some suspenders on with no shirt. I'm feeling too sober or rather too rational, I can still feel my tongue
I can still not dance bc out of self-consiousness.
Van She rocks the stage then quit it.
I dance some to some music coming from somewhere.
Get another drink.
Pony leaves, he's going to meet his boyfriend at some party. but then when I go outside for air he's there.
Why are you here?
"My boyfriend left the party he was at so I came back"
I'm psyched because I was having fun with him before he left.
Scream Club comes on but I'm spinning sort of. I know this will be hard to remember later. I know I'm having fun. I think I'm having fun. I think I look good.
I meet two guys. I don't really know how. One of them was in the hairshow. The other one is wearing a Brian Licthenberg shirt. But how did I start talking to them even?
I hope they won't remember me tommorow, or recognize me without my skull face. I think I look different enough that they wouldn't know me.
We dance.

What the fuck am I saying?

Is this dancing that I'm doing?

Is Pony making out with that guy?

Where's Boyf?

I'm in the bathroom trying to collect myself. I can't find my hoody.
Vanderbuilt grabs me and we go backstage, she spins some lies for the bouncer there, and we're in. Van She is there. I feel awkward. It's real bright and the guys in the band are talking to lots of ladies. This can't be happening like this.
I look around for Rchrd Oh. Seems like he'd be up here. I look around for free liquor or food, nothing. Some of the guys are eyeing me. Am I SO out of place?
I LOVE ROCK AND ROLL, back stage is like, where I belong.
I'm downstairs again back on the dance floor.

I feel bloated.


Pony likes Scream Club. I recognize the girl who starts it off from Homo-A-GoGo. She slips and falls, but her singing is better than I remember. I feel bad when she falls. It's over, everyone is pouring outside.
I'm talking to that girl. How did this convo start? Her back really hurts.
I try to sound sincere
I'm sorry about your back. Your singing was really really good! Feel better....
Outside everyone is trying to figure out where they are going. I recognize some guy that I saw in Rchrd Oh's camera, in pictures of Hold Your Horses when I was in Ireland. He's new.
On the corner Pony and Boyf and Me get in a cab. We stop at an ATM for cash then at Cala for foods.



Your lovely host and one of the girls